Tuesday 19 March 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (2)



Top ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

The topic this week is 'Books I had to buy, but are still sitting on my shelf unread'.
Well, I have a lot of those. Like really, A LOT. I buy way more books than I read which is stupid, I know. But I made a list, none the less. 10 books that have been on my shelf for ever even though I was sure, I couldn't live without them.



1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.
I waited and waited for this book and it finally arrived. So beautiful! And yet, it still stands unread on my shelf. Worst part: I even pre-ordered the second book in the series. I have to read this one before I receive the next one!


2. Gravity by Melissa West.
I totally fell for the cover - I mean, look at it! Stunning. 
I hope it's just as good as it looks.


3. Switched by Amanda Hocking.
I own the entire trilogy and it has been on my shelf for a couple of years now. I really have to get to it soon. Is it any good?


4. Wither by Lauren DeStefano.
I bught this at the same time as Switched.
My excuse: I couldn't read it until the entire trilogy was out - the wait would have been to awful ;)


5. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman.
I love dragons, books about dragons, movies about dragons. Dragons are awesome! But for some reason this beauty is still untouched on my shelf. Such a shame, I'm sure.







6. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead.
I actually own the first to in this series, even though I haven't finished The Vampire Academy series yet. But I heard so many good things about it.



7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
I've heard both good and bad about this one, but it's on my to-read-soon list. I'm so excited about it :)


8. Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder.
I loved the Study series so I'm looking forward to this one. 


9. The Diviners by Libba Bray.
I have got to be the last person to read something by Libba Bray. Everybody just loves her. And this book is so beautiful I can't believe I haven't read it yet.


10. Looking for Alaska by John Green.
Yet another author I heard great things about but haven't gotten to. 
There are too many awesome books I don't know when I'll get the time to read all of them!





Do you have some awesome titles unread on your shelf?  Leave a comment and a link below and I'll check it out  :)

5 comments:

  1. Great list. I recommend you pull out Looking for Alaska and read it! It's great :)

    BookishTrish from Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I haven't heard anyone who doesn't like Cinder although I started it and I couldn't get into the story. I'll give it a second chance.

    I highly recommend you Looking for Alaska or An abundance of Katherines by John Green. They're great books. I hope you have time to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some great books on your list.

    Here is the link to my list: http://readerholicnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/i-had-to-buy-bookbut-why-havent-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine read Sarafina recently and couldn't put it down, and Cinder was one of my favorite reads from last year. Scarlet is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Sarafina. I keep being told I HAVE to look that one up.

    ReplyDelete